Milk tea is a famous drink worldwide; it dates back to at least a century. Milk tea or chai is popular in bangladesh as a hot, steamy beverage that brings warmth to one’s soul after a long tiring day. It is drunk with snacks in the evening or during breakfast time to start the day right.
There is much tea available in India, but milk has a special place in the heart of locals. Since it is comparatively easy to make, the drink is quite famous.
You can make tea in various ways. You can use cow’s milk, powdered milk, or condensed milk to make the delicious tea. If you visit the South Asian subcontinent, you will find vendors selling tea everywhere. They use unique techniques like pulling the tea from a height and then allowing the steam to set off.
In this recipe, we only require four ingredients to make the milk tea. They are water, sugar, milk, and tea powder.
- Two teaspoons of Tea Power
- One cup of milk ( Around 250 ml) If you put more, it will taste like a milkshake
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2/3 teaspoons of sugar. You can change the sugar levels according to your preference.
Time to prepare the tea: Only 2 minutes
Time to cook the tea: Around 10 minutes
Serving: Will depend. If you follow this recipe, it will be two servings.
Instructions on how to cook:
- Pour 1/4 cup of water in the saucepan and let it boil.
- You need to add your tea powder and sugar to the mixture. Allow all of it to boil for 3-4 minutes. Make sure the flame is on medium.
- You will add milk after the previous step. Allow the milk to boil for at least 6-7 minutes. You will see bubbles will start to form. You will see a mesmerizing change in the color of the tea. It will change from a fascinating shade from black to a light brown shade.
- Then strain the tea in your favorite cups. Enjoy the hot beverage, add snacks and feel the warmth.
Helpful strategies to make tea taste better
Maybe you are someone who likes to drink creamier and milkier tea. If that is the case, then you may use milk only and ignore water. You will mix the tea powder, milk, and sugar in a saucepan. Allow it to boil for 6-7 minutes. After it is ready, enjoy your hot, creamy cup of milk tea.
If you like your tea to tasteless creamy, then follow the recipe. Just add more water instead of milk, and enjoy the tea.
For a fun and spicy twist to your tea, you may add the following. You can put ginger, cinnamon into your tea for a unique flavor. You can enjoy tea in any way you like. Add delicious snacks like chips or biscuits. It will be a tasty treat for you and your family.